How to Apply
Admission to CIIT is highly competitive, but those who come here will enjoy the benefits of excellent resources and teaching, and a lively and bustling student life. Admissions at CIIT are done strictly on merit, on the basis of previous academic record of the applicant and his/her performance in the entrance test. This test is conducted by an independent agency called National Testing Service (NTS).
For further information about the NTS and the testing process applicants may get assistance at CIIT's offices. Information can also be accessed through the Internet at http://www.nts.org.pk/.
CIIT announces admissions through advertisements in major newspapers of Pakistan.
- Applications are made in response to the admission notices in all major newspapers of the relevant cities.
- Admissions are conducted according to an Admission schedule, which is prominently displayed in these admission notices.
- Prospectuses along with the Admission Forms are made available on payment of Rs.1000 from all campuses of CIIT.
- Prospectuses may be purchased from any of the CIIT campuses, but Admission Forms must be deposited at the campus where the admission is sought.
- Candidates may apply for admission to a degree program by completing the following formalities if they fulfill the prescribed eligibility criteria for the program.
- Fill up the Admission Form (given in the prospectus). Candidates may apply for admission in up to three programs on one admission form.
- In case the final result is awaited, then provide a "Hope Certificate" from the college last attended or an Affidavit on a stamp paper to the effect that upon declaration of the final result the minimum prescribed eligibility criteria shell be met.
- Submit the Admission Form and Hope Certificate/Affidavit (if applicable) in the Admission Office of the campus, where admission is being sought.
- Application forms must be submitted by the last due date for submission of forms, as last entries cannot be entertained.
After the last date of submission of Admission Forms, entrance test will be conducted by NTS according to the admission schedule. All admissions shall be regulated on the basis of merit determined by combining the weighted marks obtained in the entrance test with the weighted marks earned in the previous public examinations.
The weightage criteria for the Master and Bachelor degree programs shall be as given below.
||Weight age of Marks Obtained
The list of short listed applicants is displayed on the campus notice board as well as on the CIIT's website on the specified dates.
The short listed candidates are called for interview on announced dates. Merit List is prepared after the interviews.
Admission office will contact applicants selected for admission through email. However, applicants are urged not to rely solely on the emails and make a conscious effort to know the status of their application for admission by either visiting the concerned campus or on CIIT's Website.
Verification of Documents
Selected candidates will be asked to bring the following documents to the Admission Office for verification within the specified dates:
- Original Certificates/Detailed Mark Sheets of matric or equivalent examination, and the bachelor degree or it equivalent examination (if applicable) with the two attested photocopies of each.
- Original Equivalent Certificate along with two attested photocopies.
- Original Hope Certificate along with two attested photocopies of Affidavit (if applicable).
- Undertaking on Stamp Paper by the student and father/guardian to abide by the rules and regulations of the institute.
- National Identity Card (or 'B' Form) along with two attested photocopies.
- Two passport size photographs attested from the back. Please do not forget to write your Name, Father's Name and program on the back of the photographs.
Admission Offer Letter and Challan Form
After verification of the documents, applicants will be issued "Admission Offer" letter along with a Bank Challan Form for payment of dues.
Confirmation of Admission
Selected candidates are required to confirm their acceptance by paying the non-refundable admission and tuition fee within the specified dates. Admission process will only be completed after the payment of fee is confirmed. If a candidate fails to confirm enrolment, selection will stand cancelled and seat will be offered to the next candidate on the waiting list.
CIIT schedules an Orientation session for all new students to acquaint them with general policies and services of the Institute. Registration for courses is also completed at this time. Attendance at this session is mandatory.
Admissions are offered on the basis of special quota in Lahore, Abbottabad and Attock Campuses. Detailed information in this regard may be obtained from these campuses.
In compliance with the Government directive 1% seats in each discipline have been allocated on the basis of sports, for admissions in all campuses of CIIT. To avail this facility a prospective student must submit an application detailing achievements in sports, supported by relevant documents, along with the Admission Form.
Only those candidates can apply under this quota who fulfill the eligibility criteria for the particular program to which they are considering to apply. A separate merit list would be displayed for candidates applying on sports basis. Final selection would be made on the basis on trials and interview.
Students with Disabilities
CIIT welcomes applications from all who are academically qualified. Prospective students who have a hidden or visible disability are requested to draw the attention of the Admission Officer to this fact and seek advice about suitability or otherwise of facilities offered by CIIT to their particular needs. This would enable the applicants to discover if studying at CIIT is likely to face extra difficulties. The applicant may be asked to attend an interview before being offered Admission. As a matter of policy, CIIT considers applications for admission from disabled applicants entirely on academic basis.
||Name of Contact Persons
||Mr. Naveed Ahmed Khan
||Ms. Seemi Haq
||Ms. Saadia Munir
||Mr. Rashid Najeeb
||Mr. Badar Suleman
||email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
||Mr. Subhan Ullah
||Mr. Rana Adeel Abad
||Malik M. Ali Shahid